Our commitment to our Athletes, Our Communities, and Our Planet
Current Sustainability Initiatives
- Leftover food that was not used during the event is donated to Chicago area charities, safe houses and school volunteer groups.
- Many athletes wear ear jackets, sweatshirts and pants while waiting for the event to start. We encourage athletes to wear clothing they wish to donate as any clothing that is discarded at the start line is donated to Chicago area charities after the event.
- Any leftover medals are donated to local charity groups and organizations. If your group or charity is interested in receiving leftover medals, please contact us.
Future Sustainability Goals
- Reduce single use plastic and water station supplies
- Composting available on site
How You Can Help
- We provide complimentary shuttle service from 2 city locations to the event venue at Jackson Park. We encourage athletes taking the shuttles to take public transportation to one of the shuttle pick up locations. We will provide detailed information on how to get to the event via public transit and shuttles as the event gets closer.