Stepping off on Sunday, September 29, the Chicago Half Marathon & 5K is centered around Chicago’s historic Jackson Park, once home to the 1893 World Columbian Exposition. The course highlights Chicago’s historic south shore and features a traffic-free Lake Shore Drive–the only Chicago race to completely shut down this main transportation artery. Runners traverse the streets of Hyde Park and the Museum of Science and Industry Campus before taking on the north and south Lake Shore Drive lanes and finishing at the Statue of the Republic or “Golden Lady” as she’s known to locals.
The Chicago Half Marathon supports the programming of our benefiting charity partner Chicago Run, promoting the health and wellness of Chicago children through innovative, engaging, and sustainable youth running programs.
Register and Receive
- Gender-specific tech running shirt
- Huge custom finishers medal worthy of Chicago’s “big shoulders”
- Finisher medals for all who cross the Finish Line
- On course-entertainment including live DJ’s and local bands
- 10 aid stations with hydration and restrooms
- FREE race photos provided by, Athlinks
- Access to our epic Finish Festival at Jackson Park
- Beer Garden serving Begyle Brewing Co. (21+)
- Pizza from Chicago’s own Home Run Inn
- Live concert on the Lagunitas stage and more!
- Complimentary round-trip shuttle service
- Awards for overall and top three runners in each age group
Read more on the history and inspiration behind this year’s shirt and medal designs.
**2018 Shirt and Medal Pictured**
Half Marathon Shirt
5K Participant Shirt
Half Marathon Medal
Life Time 5K Medal
The HOKA ONE ONE Chicago Half Marathon and 5K presented by MY FIT KEY is amongst the premier events produced by Life Time. We take your registration with honor and strive to produce the best athlete experience possible. In addition to holding ourselves to high quality standards, we adhere to the standards and industry best practices set forth by USA Track & Field and Chicago Area Runners Association.
- May 15, 2019Hoka will title the 2019 and 2020 events CHICAGO, May 15, 2019—The Chicago Half Marathon, scheduled for September 29, 2019, […]
- March 19, 2019Squeeze in activity throughout the day with these creative body-strengthening mini-workouts. BY ALISA BOWMAN | MARCH 2019 There’s no doubt that many […]
- March 6, 2019Our fitness editor describes how she learned to carve out time for exercise in her hectic schedule. BY MAGGIE FAZELI […]
This great race experience is made possible in part by our generous sponsors.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
For information on sponsorship opportunities, please contact our sponsorship team.