SEPTEMBER 27, 2020
CHICAGO’S HOMETOWN RACE
Celebrate the 24th annual running of the HOKA ONE ONE Chicago Half Marathon & 5K, a signature event produced by Life Time.
Stepping off on Sunday, September 27, 2020, the Chicago Half Marathon & 5K is centered around Chicago’s historic Jackson Park, once home to the 1893 World Columbian Exposition. The course highlights Chicago’s historic south shore and features a traffic-free Lake Shore Drive–the only Chicago race to completely shut down this main transportation artery. Runners traverse the streets of Hyde Park and the Museum of Science and Industry Campus before taking on the north and south Lake Shore Drive lanes and finishing at the Statue of the Republic or “Golden Lady” as she’s known to locals.
The Chicago Half Marathon supports the programming of our benefiting charity partner Chicago Run, promoting the health and wellness of Chicago children through innovative, engaging, and sustainable youth running programs.
Register and Receive
- Gender-specific tech running shirt*
- Huge custom finishers medal* worthy of Chicago’s “big shoulders”
- Finisher medals for all who cross the Finish Line of the half marathon and 5K distances.
- On course-entertainment including live DJ’s and local bands
- 10 aid stations with hydration and restrooms
- Access to our epic Finish Festival at Jackson Park
- Beer Garden serving Begyle Brewing Co. (21+)
- Pizza from Chicago’s own Home Run Inn
- Live concert on the main stage and more!
- Complimentary round-trip shuttle service (must have opted in during registration)
- Awards for overall and top three runners in each age group
*Digital rendering of the 2019 medals and shirts pictured.
The HOKA ONE ONE Chicago Half Marathon and 5K presented by MY FIT KEY is amongst the premier events produced by Life Time. We take your registration with honor and strive to produce the best athlete experience possible. In addition to holding ourselves to high quality standards, we adhere to the standards and industry best practices set forth by USA Track & Field and Chicago Area Runners Association.
- September 29, 2019Posted Sunday, Sep 29 – 5:15 AM Conditions are improving in Jackson Park, with this storm front expected to completely […]
- September 23, 2019Welcome to the 23rd annual running of Chicago’s Hometown Race, the HOKA ONE ONE Chicago Half Marathon and 5K […]
- May 15, 2019Hoka will title the 2019 and 2020 events CHICAGO, May 15, 2019—The Chicago Half Marathon, scheduled for September 29, 2019, […]
The HOKA ONE ONE Chicago Half Marathon | 5K presented by MY FIT KEY is among more than 30 athletic events owned and produced by Life Time, the premier healthy lifestyle brand. We believe every event is an extension of our Healthy Way of Life philosophy and brand, and it’s always our goal to deliver an exceptional event experience for both participants and spectators. For more information please visit Life Time Events
This great race experience is made possible in part by our generous sponsors.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
For information on sponsorship opportunities, please contact our sponsorship team.