Life Time Chicago Half Marathon
Sunday, September 24
Registration Is Now Open
The Life Time Chicago Half Marathon presented by HOKA gives you the chance to run on traffic restricted Lake Shore Drive! This scenic half marathon course starts in Historic Jackson Park, site of the 1893 World Columbian Exposition, and winds through the beautiful Hyde Park neighborhood and University of Chicago campus. The course then takes runners along Chicago’s south Lake Shore Drive, taking in the views of Lake Michigan, Chicago skyline and the Science and Industry Museum campus before a triumphant finish at the golden Statue of the Republic.
Age limit for the half marathon distance is 14 and over. This means if your child will be 14 by the date of the race (9/24/2023), they are able to participate in this distance.
Confirm Your Registration
Am I Registered?
- The Chicago Half Marathon is one of Chicago’s premier hometown races and has been one of the only races in the city that uses Lake Shore Drive for most of its course, giving you an opportunity to see the city in a way that’s usually not possible.The Half Marathon starts and finishes in Historic Jackson Park, just south of the Museum of Science and Industry. Runners will be able to travel through beautiful Hyde Park before running along traffic-free Lake Shore Drive, offering sweeping views of the Chicago skyline and south shore.
- A 16-minute mile pace goes into effect as soon as the last participant crosses the start line. This is to ensure our clean-up crew can work to immediately reopen the course at specific time intervals and lessen the community impact of closing Lake Shore Drive.
At Life Time, we’re committed to providing a positive experience for every athlete that participates in our events. Our newest partnership with Dare2tri will ensure that we live up to that commitment by offering a guide pairing service to any athlete that requires one.
- Custom-designed Finisher’s Medal
- Custom-designed tech tee
- Access to the lively post-race Finish Festival
- Post-race food and refreshments
- Runner goody bag and much more!
Race Weekend Schedule
From Packet Pickup to the Awards Ceremonies, get the scoop on everything you need to know to participate in or spectate the Lifetime Chicago Half Marathon & 5K presented by HOKA.
Refund, Transfers, Deferrals
We’ve updated our policies. For more information, please visit the registration station via the link below.
Race results will be available online and at the Results Tent on race morning. Awards will be presented to the top three overall male, female, non-binary, and athletes with disabilities finishers at the awards ceremony on the main stage. Age group awards will be mailed to the top 3 male and female finishers in the following age categories post-race.
19 & Under
20 – 29
30 – 39
40 – 49
50 – 59
60 – 69
As a reminder, Clock Time starts when the race begins, and ends when a participant crosses the Finish Line timing mat. Chip Time begins when participants cross the Start Line timing mat and ends when they cross the Finish Line timing mat.
Age group awards are determined by the fastest chip time in each division. Overall awards are based on the A Corral start time (race start).