HOKA ONE ONE Chicago Half Marathon
2022 Date: Sunday, September 25
REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
The HOKA ONE ONE Chicago Half Marathon gives you the chance to run on traffic restricted Lake Shore Drive! This scenic half marathon course starts in Historic Jackson Park, site of the 1893 World Columbian Exposition, and winds through the beautiful Hyde Park neighborhood and University of Chicago campus. The course then takes runners along Chicago’s south Lake Shore Drive, taking in the views of Lake Michigan, Chicago skyline and the Science and Industry Museum campus before a triumphant finish at the golden Statue of the Republic.
Age limit for the half marathon distance is 14 and over. This means if your child will be 14 by the date of the race (9/25/2022), they are able to participate in this distance.
After a year apart, we’re excited to welcome back runners from around the world to the greatest sports city on Earth! In this Athlete Guide, you’ll find maps, schedules, and other helpful information specifically crafted to give you the best possible experience this weekend. To view the full Athlete Guide, click on the below.
Confirm Your Registration
Am I Registered?
- The Chicago Half Marathon is one of Chicago’s premier hometown races and has been one of the only races in the city that uses Lake Shore Drive for most of its course, giving you an opportunity to see the city in a way that’s usually not possible.The Half Marathon starts and finishes in Historic Jackson Park, just south of the Museum of Science and Industry. Runners will be able to travel through beautiful Hyde Park before running along traffic-free Lake Shore Drive, offering sweeping views of the Chicago skyline and south shore.
- A 16-minute mile pace goes into effect as soon as the last participant crosses the start line. This is to ensure our clean-up crew can work to immediately reopen the course at specific time intervals and lessen the community impact of closing Lake Shore Drive.
- Custom-designed Finisher’s Medal
- Custom-designed tech tee
- Access to the lively post-race Finish Festival
- Post-race food and refreshments
- Runner goody bag and much more!
Please refer to the table below for the half marathon distance pricing schedule for 2022.
Refund, Transfers, Deferrals
While Life Time is committed to planning our scheduled events in 2022, we don’t know the extent to which our lineup will continue to be impacted by COVID-19. As such we have revisited and revised our policy on entry refunds, deferrals, and transfers to provide more athlete flexibility for event participation. A link to this policy will be included in the registration process, whereby participants must indicate that they understand and accept the terms.
Run Cancellation Policy
|Days Out||By Life Time||By Participant|
|90+||60% Refund||60% Refund|
|89 or Less||No Refund||$30 full/half Transfer/Defer|
|Free Deferral||$10 5K/10K Transfer/Defer|
No refunds on services fees, donations or merchandise.
Deferrals are only good for the following year, in the same event.
No refunds on transactions over 365 days.
For a video and screenshot instructions, please visit here: https://help.runsignup.com/support/solutions/articles/17000062915-defer-registration-claim-deferral
2021 Half Marathon Race Medal
Race results will be available online and at the Results Tent on race morning. Awards will be presented to the top three overall female and male finishers in both Half Marathon and 5K distances at the awards ceremony on the main stage. Age group awards will be mailed to the top 3 finishers in the following categories post-race.
|HALF MARATHON AGE GROUP AWARDS|
|14 and Under||40-44||70-74|
As a reminder, Clock Time starts when the race begins, and ends when a participant crosses the Finish Line timing mat. Chip Time begins when participants cross the Start Line timing mat and ends when they cross the Finish Line timing mat.
Age group awards are determined by the fastest chip time in each division. Overall awards are based on the Elite/A Corral start time (race start).