Life Time Chicago Half Pre-Race Party
The party has arrived. Give a warm, Second City welcome to the Life Time Chicago Half Pre-Race Party! Before you run through Chicago’s historic Southside, step into North America’s largest indoor-outdoor heliport and take flight with live music, food and beverages, and plenty of running gear and accessories to get you ready for race day. Come for Packet Pickup, stay for the party.
Location & Schedule
Vertiport Chicago — a.k.a. North America’s largest heliport (helicopter + airport) and 30,000-foot helicopter hangar
- 1339 S Wood Street, Chicago, IL 60608
Friday, September 22 | 1:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Saturday, September 23 | 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
More than your traditional Packet Pickup, Chi Half athletes (+ friends/family) can look forward to:
- INDOOR-OUTDOOR PARTY, featuring views of Chicago’s iconic skyline.
- MAIN STAGE ENTERTAINMENT, featuring live music and motivational content to get you race day ready.
- FOOD AND DRINKS, including beer and non-alcoholic options for purchase.
- PHOTO OPPORTUNITIES
- Unique SPONSOR ACTIVATIONS from leading outdoor/running brands, vendors and exhibitors.
Gather your crew and turn race day into race weekend. Who’s ready to join the Chicago-style party this fall?
Uber, Lyft, and Taxi accessible
The Polk St and 18th St Pink Line stations are a 15 minute walk to Vertiport
2 blocks East from the #50 Bus stop at Damen & 14th Street
4 blocks South of the #12 Bus at Roosevelt & Wood
1 block North and 2 blocks West of the #9 Bus at Ashland & 14th Street
1 block South and 2 blocks West of a Divvy bank at Ashland & 13th Street
Public street parking is available along the following roads near Vertiport:
- W 14th St between S Damen Ave and S Wood St
- W Hastings St between S Damen Ave and Ashland Ave
- W 13th St between S Damen Ave and S Ashland Ave
- W Washburne Ave between S Damen Ave and S Wood St
- S Wood St between W Roosevelt Rd and W 15th St
- S Paulina St between W 13th St and W 15th St
Packet Pickup Information
Dynamic bib assignment will be conducted at Packet Pickup.
What does this mean?
Athletes will receive their bib number at the point of picking up their race packet. Corral placement is done by estimated finishing time. Your corral letter will be shown on a sticker that is placed on your bib at the point of pickup.
Any request to move to a faster corral or to switch race distances must be made at the Solutions kiosk during Packet Pickup. Be sure to review your corral before leaving Packet Pickup.
*5K athletes will be self-seeded based on their provided run time.
- All participants must pick up their race bib during one of the Packet Pickup times listed above, unless they purchased either the Race Day Will Call or Athlete Packet Mailing option for $40.
- Participants must bring a photo ID to pick up their race packet. Participants may pick up on behalf of their friends/family by presenting a copy of the participant’s photo ID. A digital photo on a cell phone will suffice.
- Participants will receive their race goody bag, filled with their race bib with timing chip attached, safety pins and race shirt.
- Those who wish to exchange shirt sizes may do so at the Results Tent on Race Day, subject to available sizes. Shirt exchange will only be available after Will Call Packet Pick Up is over.
- Important: Participants must complete the medical information on the back of the bib – which must be worn on race day.
NOTE: There is NO Race Day Packet Pick Up for those who did not purchase Race Day Will Call. Please plan accordingly.
Alternative Packet Pickup Options
Athlete Packet Mailing
$40.00 + tax
Prefer to have your athlete items shipped to your door? Selecting Athlete Packet Mailing allows you to bypass attending the Race Expo, and have your official race bib, shirt and goody bag shipped directly to your door. Shipping begins 2 weeks before event weekend. Should you need to replace items that were mailed to you, there will be a $40 service charge assessed.
The deadline to order your packet mailing service was August 31.
$40.00 + tax
Race Morning Will Call is open 5:00 AM CST – 6:30 AM CST for Half Marathon participants, and 5:00 AM CST – 7:15 AM CST for 5K participants. Failure to arrive during this time frame will result in a Did Not Start (DNS) status, and you may not be able to start the race.
HOKA Shakeout Runs
All shakeout runs will take place on Saturday, September 23.
Vertiport Chicago Shakeout Run
- Location: Vertiport Chicago
- Time: 9:30 AM
- Meet at the Vertiport Chicago entrance
- The run will be about 25 minutes or around 2 miles
- Bring your running shoes and positive energy, it’s race weekend!!!