Race Day Logistics
6401 S Richards Dr, Chicago, IL 60649
The race venue is located in Jackson Park, set in Chicago’s historic south side. Because the race starts approximately 7.5 miles from downtown Chicago, participants are encouraged to have a plan in place for getting to the venue.
Gear Check and Will Call open at 5:00 AM Half marathon corrals will close at 6:45 AM, followed by the Race start at 7:00 AM on S Cornell Dr., just north or E Hayes Dr. Depending on logistics, participants should plan adequate time to check gear, locate their corrals, find friends, etc. in order to make it on time for race start.
RACE DAY TRANSPORTATION OPTIONS
Shuttle access can be purchased through registration for $15.
For athletes who reserved shuttle services during registration:
- Your shuttle ticket is printed on your race bib confirming your shuttle reservation, using color-coded stickers to indicate specific pick-up/drop-off locations and times:
- Millennium Park: Corner of Randolph & Michigan Ave are green stickers.
- CTA Belmont “L” Station: 950 West Belmont Ave are pink stickers.
- The Millennium shuttle will depart at 4:45 AM and the Belmont shuttle will depart at 4:30 AM. Only those athletes presenting relevant shuttle bus location bib tabs will be permitted to board. Please, DO NOT remove the sticker from your bib, and DO NOT be late as the buses must depart on time!
- All buses will arrive at Jackson Park no later than 6:15 AM Shuttles will begin returning from the race venue to both locations at 9:30 AM The last shuttle back from the Finish Festival will depart at approximately 12:00 PM You will need your sticker in order to board the returning shuttle (Do not remove from bib).
- Return shuttles start rotating back at 9:45 AM, they stay stationary on Cornell until post-race. Make sure you re-board the appropriate bus (there will be signs for Millennium or Belmont).
Shuttle parking for Millennium Park riders is available at a discounted rate through our friends at Millennium Garages. Purchase in advance to receive a discounted 12-hour rate for the Lifetime Chicago Half Marathon & 5k Presented by HOKA on Sunday, September 24, 2023. For the most convenient parking to shuttle pick-up at Randolph & Michigan is Grant Park North. The Grant Park North Garage is located at 25 North Michigan Avenue between Randolph & Monroe.
METRA Rail Line - METRA Electric (ME)
The METRA Electric Line departs Millennium Station (at Randolph and Michigan Ave) and arrives at 63rd Street Station – less than 1/4 mile from the race venue. You have the option of a one-way ticket or purchase a $10 Weekend Pass, which is good for the whole weekend. Visit Metra online to purchase tickets and to confirm schedules. Current Race Day train options include:
Trains TO Race:
|Depart Millennium Station||Arrive at 63rd St. Station|
|#8301 at 4:40 AM||4:58 AM|
|#101 at 4:50 AM||5:10 AM|
|#803 at 6:10 AM||6:28 AM|
|#8305 at 6:40 AM||6:58 AM (5K only)|
*Each of the above trains are flag stop which means passengers must notify the conductor for drop-off at these stop locations.
Trains FROM Race:
|Depart 63rd St. Station||Arrive at Millennium Station|
|#8310 at 9:57 AM||10:31 AM|
|#810 at 10:27 AM||11:04 AM|
|#8314 at 11:57 AM||12:31 PM|
|#814 at 12:27 PM||1:04 PM|
*Each of the above are flag stops which means passengers on platform must be visible to the conductor in order for the train to stop for pick-up.
Ride Sharing: Uber/Lyft
When ordering through your ride sharing app, make sure to input your destination as – Stoney Island & Hayes/63rd.
Ride Your Bike
Dedicated, unsecured bike parking will be available in the Finish Festival area in Jackson Park. Look for bike parking racks on the basketball courts near the Finish Festival. Please plan to lock up your bike while you participate. The event is not responsible for loss, theft or damages.
We highly encourage the use of public transportation as parking is limited near Jackson Park. Limited street parking is available along the Midway Plaisance. If you drive, plan to arrive early. The event is not responsible for those who drive and do not make the start of the race. Please pay attention to the NO PARKING zones near the race venue.
Parking is also available at the Museum of Science & Industry parking garage on race day. It will be available starting at 5 AM and will be open all day. Cost to park in the museum lot will be a flat fee of $22.
- From the North: Lake Shore Drive will close at 31st Street at 6:00 a.m.
- If accessing Lake Shore prior to 6:00 a.m., exit at 57th Street to proceed to parking garages and street meters. Those accessing Lake Shore after 6:00 a.m. will need to exit at 31st Street, proceed westbound to King Dr. and south to 55th Street.
- From the Dan Ryan, take Garfield Blvd exit to Midway Plaisance
- From the Skyway, take Stony Island Exit to Midway Plaisance
NOTE: The public lots at Hayes and Lake Shore Drive are NOT available to participants or spectators.
No Parking Zones along the course will be enforced beginning at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, September 25. Please look for ‘No Parking’ signs in your area for full details. Street closures along the route will occur between 3:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. on Sunday, September 25.
City streets will re-open promptly as the final runners pass through (at a 16-minute mile pace). Chicago Police will be responsible for closing and re- opening streets. Please follow their instructions when approaching the course.
Towing of vehicles along posted No Parking zones will be enforced beginning at 1:00 a.m. on Sunday, September 25. For inquiries about towed vehicles, call 311.