The HOKA ONE ONE Chicago Half Marathon & 5K is committed to the development of elite runners with a focus on local elite athletes. This years race will follow the below standards.
The Elite Corral will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Assignment to the Elite Corral is not guaranteed. All participants may verify their corral assignments by contacting the Elite Coordinator.
QUALIFYING ENTRY & STANDARDS
The qualifying standard to enter the men’s field is 1:20:00 and for the women’s field is 1:35:00. If you have not met these standards, an equivalent time from a similar event distance may be submitted and approved on a case-by-case basis. All qualifying performances must be as of January 1, 2019 or later. Qualifying performances must be submitted by September 10, 2020 to be considered. If results are not submitted you will be placed in an alternate start corral and will not be eligible for the prize purse.
The Top 3 overall Men and Women in the Elite Corral will receive awards as well as qualify for cash prizes. The awards structure for 2018 is as follows for both the men and the women:
- Athletes must be accepted into and start with the Elite Corral in order to be eligible for the prize purse. Failure to do so will result in ineligibility.
- Athletes accepted into and participating in the Elite Corral will not be eligible to receive age group awards in their respective age group.
- Athletes must not be affiliated with coach or agent who has had an athlete test positive with banned items on the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) prohibited items list.
- Athletes must never have tested positive for any band items listed on the WADA prohibited items list.
- Participants that are currently NCAA eligible athletes or under the age of 18 are not eligible for prize money due to eligibilty restraints with the NCAA, High Schol Associations and AAU.
- All prize money will be disributed post-event after all W-9’s have been collected and scoring has become official.
- Overall placing and money will be determined by Gun Time.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for the Elite Corral and to be eligible for the prize purse you must be a US Citizen and you must have proof of a qualifying finishing time from a previous race. If you would like to apply for the Elite Corral you may do so by registering for the race and then submitting your proof of results to the Elite Coordinator.
If you have already registered and would like to be considered for the Elite Corral please email your proof of qualification along with your confirmation number to the Elite Coordinator.
Acceptable proof of qualification includes:
- A screen shot of your individual race results inserted into the body of your email (the race name and date must appear along with your results)
- An attachment in the form of a finisher’s certificate
- An attached printout from an online race results page (please circle or underline your name and time) and ensure the race name and date appear on the page
- A link to your individual race results. Please ensure your name and results are the ONLY ones appearing on the page
Acceptable Proof of Residency:
The Elite Corral and prize purse is only open to US Citizens. Elite Corral runners will need to provide proof of citizenship at packet pickup and on race day before receiving your bib. Acceptable proof of citizenship includes:
- US Passport
- US Birth Certificate and Photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, etc.)
- Naturalization Certificate or Certificate of Citizenship
Failure to provide adequate proof of citizenship on race day will result in removal from the Elite Corral. You will be reassigned to an alternate start corral and will be ineligible for the prize purse.