Chicago’s Hometown Race Welcome’s
Celebrate the 22nd Annual Chicago Half Marathon & 5K presented by My Fit Key on Sunday, September 23!
Benefiting charity partner Chicago Run, the Chicago Half Marathon & 5K is centered around Chicago’s historic Jackson Park, once home to the 1893 World Columbian Exposition. The course highlights Chicago’s historic south shore and features a traffic-free Lake Shore Drive–the only Chicago race to completely shut down this main transportation artery. Runners traverse the streets through Hyde Park and the Museum of Science and Industry before taking on the north and south Lake Shore Drive lanes and finishing at the Statue of the Republic or “Golden Lady” as she’s known to locals.
Participants receive a participant shirt commemorating the 125th Anniversary of the World Columbian Exposition, finisher medal (the largest in the midwest) and access to the legendary finish festival featuring a live concert, Lagunitas beer, pizza and more.
We’re honored to have the 2018 Chicago Half Marathon chosen as a Chicago Area Runners Association Circuit Race and to host the USA Track & Field Illinois Association Half Marathon Championship.
REGISTER AND RECEIVE
Half Marathon Shirt
- Gender-specific tech running shirt
- Huge custom finishers medal worthy of Chicago’s “big shoulders”
- On course-entertainment including live DJ’s and local bands
- 10 aid stations with hydration and restrooms
- FREE race photos provided by, Athlinks
- Access to our epic Finish Festival at Jackson Park
- Beer Garden serving Lagunitas Beer (21+)
- Pizza from Chicago’s own Home Run Inn
- Live concert on the Lagunitas stage and more!
- Complimentary round-trip shuttle service
- Awards for overall and top three runners in each age group
Read more on the history and inspiration behind this year’s shirt and medal designs.
This great race experience is made possible in part by our generous sponsors.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
For information on sponsorship opportunities, please contact our sponsorship team.