START TIME: 7:00 A.M.
- Beautiful scenic course that takes you on Lake Shore Drive and Jackson Park
- Entertainment along the course
- Great finishers medal
- Commemorative long-sleeve technical shirt
- Aid stations along the route serving water and Gatorade Endurance
- Great post-race Rest & Recovery Area
ROUTE & COURSE HIGHLIGHTS
The 17th Running of the Chicago Half Marathon takes place on Sunday, September 8, 2013.
The start and finish line of the Half Marathon and Hyundai Hope On Wheels 5K will be in Jackson Park, just south of the Museum of Science and Industry at the intersection of Hayes & Richards. Jackson Park, once the site of the 1893 World Columbian Exposition , is over 600 acres and provides recreational opportunities for athletes, nature lovers and beach goers alike.
The Chicago Half Marathon gives you the chance to run on Lake Shore Drive! This scenic 13.1 mile course will start and finish in Jackson Park and showcase the south lakefront and Jackson Park Golf Course. The Lake Shore Drive stretch offers beautiful views of the great Chicago Skyline.