Life Time Athletic Events is proud to debut the new Chicagoland Half Marathon Series. This series awards participants who complete the Michelob ULTRA Chicago Spring 13.1 on May 17, 2015 and the Chicago Half Marathon on September 27, 2015 within each event’s allotted course time.
We want to inspire you to accomplish great things and lead a healthy way of life by participating in this series. To many of us, training for a half marathon is serious business. Maintaining that fitness level while racing across four months takes an incredible amount of focus and sacrifice. Life Time Athletic Events is dedicated to helping you achieve your healthy way of life objectives, athletic aspirations and fitness goals. Let’s do this!
• Priority packet pickup line at the Hyundai Hope on Wheels Health & Fitness Expo for the Chicago Half Marathon.
• Chicagoland Half Marathon Series runner dedicated gear check and reunite at Chicago Half Marathon.
• Participants who complete both races within the series will receive a 26.2 commemorative medal.
*Please note, Age Group awards are based on your age at the start of the year (January 1, 2015). For example, if you are 24 on January 1, 2015, your age for the entire series would be 24 regardless of when your birthday is since you started the year at that age.
- What is the cost to participate? There is no additional cost to participate in the series, although you must be officially registered for all events to qualify.
- How do I opt-in? Simply register for all events, and select “YES” when asked if you would like to be part of the Chicagoland Half Marathon Series. Once we confirm you are registered for each race, we will add your name to the special Chicagoland Half Marathon Series tab on each website. As each race approaches, you will be provided with special program instructions regarding your race perks.
- What if I am already registered for one race and want to be part of the series? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we confirm you are registered for each race, we will add your name to the special Chicagoland Half Marathon Series tab on each website. As each race approaches, you will be provided with special program instructions regarding your race perks.
- When is the opt-in deadline? Individuals must opt in by August 15, 2015.
- Can I race the 10K or 5K options associated with a race and still qualify for the series? No, you must complete both of the 13.1 mile course distances to qualify.
- If I withdraw from any of the races, am I still eligible? Unfortunately, no. Only official finishers at are eligible for medals and other perks.
- When will I receive my 26.2 Challenge medal? Upon crossing the finish line of the Chicago Half Marathon head over to the Results Tent to receive your medal.
Remember to opt-in to take part in the inaugural Chicagoland Half Marathon Series. Should you have additional questions, please contact us at email@example.com or call (773) 404-2281.